Where is the "oil pump lever" on a 787 engine (1999 GTX RFI)?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan bennett

I found an awesome thread here where @racerxxx explains how to drain and refill the oil on my GTX RFI. The manual and @racerxxx both say to open the oil pump lever in full position to ensure all oil lines fill. I am aware of the throttle lever, but I cannot find the oil pump lever. Anyone have an idea of where this thing is?

Attachments

• oil pump lever.PNG
    oil pump lever.PNG
    736.4 KB · Views: 17
The throttle lever you have found IS The oil pump lever. It is part of the oil pump when you increase throttle the cable pulls on the oil pump lever to increase oil input

The throttle lever you have found IS The oil pump lever. It is part of the oil pump when you increase throttle the cable pulls on the oil pump lever to increase oil input
I see. I was looking for something different because the manual said to open the pump lever in full position while idling. I figured if I were to turn the throttle lever it would increase the idle speed, which is what the manual says not to do. Either way, thanks for clearing that up.

@Mraw Thank you, I took the two 3/32" lines off the oil pump to replace as well. Does it matter which line goes to which end of the engine? I noticed one is longer than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back