Where can I find carbs kits for these???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRei

1997 GTX. 787Image1577927278.392867.jpgImage1577927296.742440.jpgImage1577927333.729138.jpg
They look different are they the same? Pretty clean inside, think most of the problem was a kinked feed line between them.Image1577927461.163780.jpg

Do not buy your carb parts from thejetskistore they sell SBT carb kits that will give you nothing but problems if you go by the ski model selector. They do have Mikuni but are more expensive than other places.

Only buy genuine mikuni parts. You can buy the Mikuni MK-BN38/44 SPR kits on Amazon and eBay and needle and seats or order the complete kits from OSD Seadoo.

The nice thing about OSD is you get all the parts and carb base Gaskets in one place.

Last edited:
Just thought I would throw this in if you did not already know about it. It's not carb related but can be an issue on that machine that feels like a carb problem.

Attachments

• SeaDoo 1997 RAVE Hesitation TSB.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
23-43 is the spec but shoot for about 35.
Do not use the springs in the kits, yours has to have the 80 gram black/army green springs

Pop off pressure for your model is 23 psi - 43 psi. Be sure the Needle/Seat valves are a 1.5; Main jet is a 142.5 and the Pilot jet is a 70

The last picture is where I hook pop off too?? While I’m pumping it is bubbling around needle and seat

Sorry about that was never a good photographer. I have not rebuilt them yet was doing like a before and after. There’s two inlets I used smaller one for test. The bubbling was around the seat and was holding no pressure. IMG_1279.JPGIMG_1278.JPGIMG_1280.JPG

Sorry about that was never a good photographer. I have not rebuilt them yet was doing like a before and after. There’s two inlets I used smaller one for test. The bubbling was around the seat and was holding no pressure. View attachment 46067View attachment 46068View attachment 46069

You're using a penetrate like W40 on the seat? Rebuild them and try new genuine needles/seats and see if it pops. If you use new oem kits, needles/seats/arms and blk 80 gram springs you should see 34-35 psi on the pop off.

OSD marine or bayareapowersports should have the genuine kits. I think I spent $136 shipped with bayarea which included the 1.5 needle/seats then another $10 for 2 blk 80 gram springs. If you strip the screws taking it apart there's a guy on ebay selling a ss allen head kit for about $9 per carb.

Use everything in kits but the springs, don't overlook the HS and LS needle o rings. And clean, clean, clean, use compressed air and blow it out.

Ok thanks !! Very useful info, which port is the correct to hook the pop off gauge too? Guy said these were rebuilt about a year ago too, I’ll get a new needle and seat thanks again

On the fuel pump cover side you will see an arrow in and an arrow out. Your pop-off tester goes on the one with the arrow facing in, you cap off the one with the arrow going out.

That last one looks petty nasty inside for being rebuilt a year ago. Also with all that corrosion on the diaphragm groove you might have a hard time getting it to seal. Make sure you pressure test the carbs once they are back together.

So I need two 1.5 needle and seats and. Two black 80 gram springs? Thanks

Yes, dual carbed. Here's the kits I purchased for my 97' GTX and again for my 96' GSX. Sea Doo Dual Genuine Mikuni Carb Rebuild Kit Base Gasket & Needle Seat 787 XP 95 | eBay

Search "mikuni 80 gram spring" on ebay, you need two... Genuine Mikuni SQ BN Needle Valve Arm Spring Pop Off 80 Grams Black 730-03033 | eBay

If you want a SS allen screw set... you need two. Totally worth it for $16 shipped. Mikuni Carb Stainless Screw Kit Super BN SBN 38 44 46 Seadoo Sea doo XP SPX GTX | eBay

As another option you can get everything including base gaskets from OSD Seadoo.

The dual kits I posted above for $136 shipped includes the base gaskets, needles/seats and unopened genuine kits. Only the springs are separate. With OSD, you still need to buy the needle arms separate, since the kits are pieced together from bulk parts and some stuff is left out. My experience doing a carb rebuild for a ski buddy the old/new arms made a difference. My carb rebuilds were dead on 34-35 psi with the pop off using a new arm, spring, and needle/seats.

Guess the decision is preference....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back