Wheel blocks on reverse mode

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuSeadoo

Hello! I have a RXT-X 300 (2017) and when reversing the wheel tends to block. Is this normal? Or is IT a consequence of speed? Thanks for your comments. To be honest I’m trying to figure out if this is a failure and if so what could it be? Thanks

All kinds of physics going on when you drop your IBR bucket into the water at a high speed. Pretty similar to tying a Home Depot bucket to the back of your speed boat and throwing it out the back at 60 mph. I have never tried a hard turn at a fast speed going to hard braking simultaneously but I imagine you could get some steering resistance with the ski wanting to stay in a straight line.

The IBR is not attached to the nozzle which controls steering. You also need propulsion to turn the ski which doesn't occur when braking but nothing should cause the steering to not move accept an issue within the steering system.

I would test this on the trailer. With the iBR in Neutral, test the handlebar operation, then try the other modes, Forward, Reverse, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back