What's the best cooling system flush?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFiero

Related to my Overheating Blues thread, what do you all think the best cooling system flush is? The shop manual recommends "Valvoline Zerex Super Cleaner (or equivalent)" - anyone have experience with that product?
I'm leaning toward Prestone Radiator Flush & Cleaner 'cause I found a 2019 comparison and recommendation for it.
Similarly, Prestone green antifreeze.

Jonas

Why are you looking for something beyond the manual recommendation?

I'd buy the Valvoline stuff if that's what the manual recommends, and see if that helps before looking for alternatives.

Also, when you drain the coolant, do you see any gunk, debris, or "coagulate" in what you drain?

post a link to your overheating thread if you don't mind.
>>>I've got a couple other thoughts, but don't want to say here what's been said there

I am looking for something beyond the manual recommendation because the manual is 13 years old and flush technology may have improved since then, and I asked for other people's experience.

Nothing unusual in the drained coolant.

Here's the Overheating Blues thread, but it isn't really a thread because no one replied to the original post.
https://www.seadooforum.com/threads/overheating-blues.106377/
Everything is supposedly fixed as of this week. I won't know until I can retrieve the boat from the "closed to the public" business, and get it in the water, and even then I won't be sure till the air and water temps come up quite a bit. Lots of things wrong, corroded exhaust manifold, leaks in the exhaust system (both water and exhaust), the exhaust temp sensor was supposedly in the bilge, etc.

Thanks for replying, hopefully this overheating is fixed and is the last issue for a while! As far as I know the only thing wrong with the boat now is the horn doesn't work, and if I can't fix that then I just shouldn't own a boat.

Jonas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back