What's the best battery charger to use for GTI SE?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Laz

Hello folks: I'm a newbie owner. I live in Fla. A few questions:

What is the best battery charger to use for my 2009 GTI SE 130?
Do I need to take it out of the unit or can I charge it while still connected? The Seadoo is on my covered boat lift.
Any words of advice in using one?

Ok thanks. Sorry if I wandered into the wrong forum. Will go to the right one next time. Thanks again for the advice.

You're on the right forum, I have never owned or worked on a 4-tek so I usually don't give advice. BTW how do you like the 4-tek GTI? I was considering buying a 2005.

Lou

So far so good but I have only owned this for a few months. To me it has enough power for riding up and down the St Johns River.

thanks jeteffect... i think thats what ill get as well. i live in north florida and we get a couple of freezing days but not bad.

I use an Optimate 4 that is connected to the battery whenever the SeaDoo is on the lift. However, I was concerned about the possibility of damaging the SeaDoo's electronics so I installed a battery switch that isolates the battery from the electronics.

Rob,

I installed a Battery Isolator Switch in series with the battery positive terminal. I first removed the lead from the positive terminal of the battery; I then added a new cable (about 30" in length) from the positive terminal to one side of the switch which I mounted in a panel under the seat; I then added a second new cable from the other side of the switch back to the previously disconnected lead. At the same time, I replaced the wet cell battery with an AGM battery.

The switch Model No 598375 was purchased from West Marine but these are a fairly common item and are available from many sources. The new cables were manufactured for me by Bohannon Battery of Florida (386-328-9024).

You can view photographs of the components/installation (plus the bilge pump) in my Album RXT260.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back