what to do ?!?!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SheaMolt

Finally got around to taking the top end off, to find this -

83.jpg

84.jpg

I'm 99% sure a lot of stuff went down into the crank. Should I just put it back together and sell it? or should I SBT a new motor? Or is it that hard to rebuild it?

When rebuilding the crank, is it more of a rebuild or a replace ?

THanks a bunch

it kind of depends on how many hours on the crank and its age and condition. the aluminum that goes down into the crank won't hurt it, the steel, rings, needle bearings, etc., will hurt it and must be cleaned out.

you can't rebuild the crank, it takes a qualified machine shop, but you can replace it with a rebuilt one pretty easily.

depends on the ski and its condition whether it warrants the cost of a rebuilt motor, you can rebuild it yourself for around $500.

Lots of scrapers looking for metal stuff. Leave them something so they can provide
some thing for the older folk.

well, it sounds overdue for a rebuild but the machine is only worth $1500 or so in good running condition, at least in Ohio. It's up to you how much it's worth to you. Your maximum value at this point is probably to part it out but that takes time and effort. As it sits, it's probably worth about $500 as is.

Ski d00

I have two of those skis, the other one is REALLY in pieces everywhere and I also have a double trailer.

How much would you try selling that for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back