what ?????? spark plug???????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

motoring

i need NGK DCPR8E solid post ,spark plus x3 for my 2018 seadoo gti se 130
i look on ebay and find a whole bunch of differences , never thought id have a hard time buying the right plug lol
i see ngk 4339 , nickel , screw tip , standard , copper core nickel, some plugs have the R which i believe stands for resistor ,some are gold colored some are silver in color
the other ngk part number is 4179 etc etc .
i think i need either the ngk part number 4179 dcpr8e or 4339 dcpr8e lol i think simply one is a resistor plug and the other isnt ??

the part number is out my manual, but looking on ebay is the confusion , they have as i posted @#$%^&*()(*&^%$%^ seems like theirs to many options lol
my manual states dcpr8e solid post
does your ski have the R on the plug ?
from my outboard days the R was important for my performance motor i never asked why , just do what the shop / owners manual says. i havent pulled my plugs out yet i guess i should i wasnt planning on changing them now but want a set ready to go.
thanks much

Same plug in the owner manual for both engines.
my manual shows on page 136 the gts , 900ace motor takes ngk cr8eb but on page 138 all gti models take ngk dcpr8e with solid post and the whole line up super charger or not takes dcpr8e solid post . my manual part number is 219 001 838 for gts/gti/gtr/wake series ,do you have the same manual?

This is what my manual says. The plug I took a picture was installed by the dealer in October 2018 while winterizing. In fall 2019 I replaced them myself and number on the box was the same as on the plug. These 2019 plugs were purchased from our local guy here who worked for brp for 20 years. I do not have the original plugs of my ski anymore because dealer changed them.

6E9C21C8-F55B-4414-B503-7F0340A0F4F2.png

I see what you mean but they say “or equivalent “. I’ll ask my local guy but I do not expect a quick answer. We have 2-3 feet of ice on the lake and the store is closed...

Well I used these all summer last without a single glitch.
they probably are the same etc etc. there are little differences this is why im putting up a simple question lol
but somthing so simple could cause issues . im sure you know.. heat range and how far plug goes into combustion chamber, gap etc etc.
thanks much for your assistance !!!!!!

Just checked the Sea-Doo Spark 2018 manual with the 900 HO engine, same engine as mine. Model of plugs to use is... cr8eb...

My experience with Sea-Doo manuals is that they are not always precise year over year and contain several mistakes. So for a 900 HO engine, one manual has a certain model of plugs and the other manual has a different one for the exact same engine.

Now, I made an extensive search on Google. Seems I have the good plugs but that my manual is screwed up... Seems like your 130 needs different plugs than mine even if my manual says they need the same.

Check this:

https://www.huntsmarine.com.au/products/seadoo-ngk-dcpr8e-spark-plugs-to-suit-4-strokes

Just checked the Sea-Doo Spark 2018 manual with the 900 HO engine, same engine as mine. Model of plugs to use is... cr8eb...

My experience with Sea-Doo manuals is that they are not always precise year over year and contain several mistakes. So for a 900 HO engine, one manual has a certain model of plugs and the other manual has a different one for the exact same engine.

Now, I made an extensive search on Google. Seems I have the good plugs but that my manual is screwed up... Seems like your 130 needs different plugs than mine even if my manual says they need the same.

Check this:

https://www.huntsmarine.com.au/products/seadoo-ngk-dcpr8e-spark-plugs-to-suit-4-strokes
lol i heard that . a simple thing as plugs, i sent a private message .

The ones I have now are solid post ones. It means that you can’t unscrew the top part. When you can unscrew the post you will see a thread inside just like a screw. I have never had a machine that needed the post to be removed.

Morale of the story: do not fully trust Sea-Doo manuals... The 2018 operator manual says that the GTI 90 and GTI 130 require the same plug model. This is not true. It is a different plug. I also purchased the service manual last year and the latter does not have that mistake (just checked). They have finally corrected the error in the 2020 manual.

This is why the plugs in my ski didn't correspond with the ones in the manual and the OP ones. It's a good thing I trusted the dealer on that one instead of the manual... They are not all bad after all. GTI 90 and Spark have the same model of plugs. GTS seem to have also same model as Spark and GTI 90. All other GTI models (2018) have the same plugs except I believe for the supercharged model.

The ones I have now are solid post ones. It means that you can’t unscrew the top part. When you can unscrew the post you will see a thread inside just like a screw. I have never had a machine that needed the post to be removed.
this answered my question . solid post . now i know what plugs to get thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back