What oil to use in 2011 sea doo rxt 260

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo412

I was wondering what oil to use after my 10 hour break in period. I was looking at motul or amsoil....any thoughts??

The "recommended oil" issue seems to hang around and cause some angst, considering the warranty problems if a super charger or motor goes south, and Bombardier claims that the wrong lubricant was used. Superchargers with ceramic plates are supposed to use semi-syn in the 10w40 weight. Newer boats (2010 up) may benefit from use of full-syn, even though they are supercharged (RXT 215). Dealerships now carry the factory endorsed full-syn in the yellow bottle, which claims to be THE OIL for all things Bombardier, supercharged or not. This is what I have used on my 2010 RXT 215, and have had no supercharger problems YET. I will stick with the full-syn for another season. I will winterize both my boats next weekend, and refill with full-syn unless someone has other info I am not privy too.

I use valvoline 10w40 4stroke motorcycle oil....have for years. Synthetics are fine....as long as it's rated for wet clutch applications...no friction modifiers.

Amsoil is fine.

The "yellow" $22 a quart sht from the stealership is just an attempt to lighten your wallet.........some more................period.

I have a 2011 GTX 260 and if I were you I would stick to what the dealer uses. If you got the money, let the dealer do the change for you. The GTX engine is so hard to access that I gave up and bought the maint plan AND extended warranty. These things are complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back