What is this weird whining noise?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

k_dog345

1996 Sea-Doo SPX

I started hearing this weird whining noise. I did verify the shroud was not hitting the shaft. Pump was rebuilt two seasons ago, wear ring (on the drive shaft) was replaced about three years ago. But maybe it could be one of those? ‍♂️

My compression is low too, I plan to rebuild the cylinders. They are both under 100psi - but that’s a separate issue I think

What do you think? Thanks in advance.

1996 Sea-Doo SPX

I started hearing this weird whining noise. I did verify the shroud was not hitting the shaft. Pump was rebuilt two seasons ago, wear ring (on the drive shaft) was replaced about three years ago. But maybe it could be one of those? ‍♂️

My compression is low too, I plan to rebuild the cylinders. They are both under 100psi - but that’s a separate issue I think

What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Probably Piston Slap.

Better rebuild that Top End, before the Piston Skirts break off and completely destroy the Engine.

Normally…I whining sound at the rear,,,is from the pump,,,with either excessive prop/wear ring clearance,,or a pump bearing is going/gone,

Normally…I whining sound at the rear,,,is from the pump,,,with either excessive prop/wear ring clearance,,or a pump bearing is going/gone,

Thanks. I pulled the top end tonight. And it looks ok…. I do suspect the whining is coming from somewhere along my drive train. But now I’m wondering why would I have my compression reading < 110 psi on both cylinders when they look ok? Perhaps they are over bored, I'm hoping its not a more sinister issue.
68109912431__9481EA9D-C5B1-4940-816D-B0CD63726FC9.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back