What hose attachment do I need?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

muskokamarc

Hey guys, what attachment do I need in order to run water through the machine when it’s on?

Thanks

Attachments

• DF727B34-604F-4DCF-BC4C-AB68169DCC3E.jpeg
    DF727B34-604F-4DCF-BC4C-AB68169DCC3E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
A garden hose.

Chester
Lol, that was easy. Thanks

Quick question as I’m in the middle of doing it. I think I’ve drained all the oil, but I’d like to make sure I have... Should I start the machine or do anything to make sure it’s all out?

This is a 9L extractor and it’s about 1/3 full. Should be good enough?

Attachments

• 5DEF6B28-EC18-4036-BF6E-08E482058E73.jpeg
    5DEF6B28-EC18-4036-BF6E-08E482058E73.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Capacity: 3L oil change with filter, should be good. There is 1.5 L still in the engine somewhere so it’s more or less a oil replenish rather than a oil change.

You'll get 4 liters out if you do it properly, not 3.

Chester

Ok so I drained as much as I could out of the machine with the extractor. I poured 3 litres in. The oil is reading basically at the max. It’s not in the middle of the dip stick... Should I extract some?

Did you download a service manual for your ski yet? All these questions are answered there in detail. Oil extraction, refill oil quantities, proper types of oil, proper dipstick oil quantity, proper procedures for checking oil quantity, it’s good your paying attention to details but please download a service manual, and then if you still have questions then please ask.

Did you download a service manual for your ski yet? All these questions are answered there in detail. Oil extraction, refill oil quantities, proper types of oil, proper dipstick oil quantity, proper procedures for checking oil quantity, it’s good your paying attention to details but please download a service manual, and then if you still have questions then please ask.

Yea, I did read through it. Don’t have it handy with me right now.

Okay good news:
“Oil level verification”
1. Watercraft must be level
2. If it’s out of the water, link a garden hose and warm the engine up and then let idle for 30 second. (2 minute rule)
3.Stop engine
4. Open seat
5. Wait 30 seconds for oil to settle pull dipstick and wipe clean
6. Reinstall dipstick, push in completely
7. Remove dipstick and read oil level. It should read “between” the full and add marks.

Ok so I drained as much as I could out of the machine with the extractor. I poured 3 litres in. The oil is reading basically at the max. It’s not in the middle of the dip stick... Should I extract some?
Did you follow the procedure in the book? Did you crank the engine over while in drown mode?

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back