What do you guys think happened to this 720

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought this ski, I was told that one of the ocean pro filter elements was sucked into the engine and it took out the top end. Now that I have it a part, I see what looks like evidence of that on one of the domes:1593121597497.png

However, after taking a look at the pistons, it seems like there may have been other issues. I've attached some photos.

The old set up was a buckshot head with 33cc domes, a factory pipe, and 44mm carbs on premix. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• piston 1.jpg
    piston 1.jpg
    850 KB · Views: 14
  • piston 2.jpg
    piston 2.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 15
  • piston 3.jpg
    piston 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • piston 4.jpg
    piston 4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • piston 5.jpg
    piston 5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • piston 6.jpg
    piston 6.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 14
  • piston 7.jpg
    piston 7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Wiseco pistons require a little more clearance. Even then the engine needs to be warmed up pretty good before you hammer on it. The engine probably failed because it required race fuel. The damage you see is called detonation.

Wiseco pistons require a little more clearance. Even then the engine needs to be warmed up pretty good before you hammer on it. The engine probably failed because it required race fuel. The damage you see is called detonation.
That's what I was thinking, but I figured I'd ask you folks that have experience lol. Do you think detonation could have caused the damage to the dome? Btw, loved that Rocketship Racing HX build. Thanks for the input.

No, the damage on the dome is from something metal bouncing around like a broken ring from the last set of pistons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back