What could this mean

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Chester. You're gonna have to pull that pump and see what's going on.

It means you should take it apart and fix it.

Chester
Alright so today I took it apart and I could not find a single thing wrong. The gasket on the jet pump looked great. I put everything back on and I spring a leak at the top left still. I have attached a picture of the jet pump.

Please feel free to spitball ideas as to what it could be....

The whole jet pump was rebuilt by OSD last year.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 39
3.jpg
Wait... is there supposed to be some sort of washer / yellow reducer here??? Because from the video it looks like that is exactly where the leak is taking place.

Please help!

Thanks
Trevor

Ps it is a 2007 Seadoo Challenger 180 with the 215 SC engine! I will update my signature accordingly.

View attachment 35545
Wait... is there supposed to be some sort of washer / yellow reducer here??? Because from the video it looks like that is exactly where the leak is taking place.

Please help!

Thanks
Trevor

Ps it is a 2007 Seadoo Challenger 180 with the 215 SC engine! I will update my signature accordingly.

Yes, you need that yellow reducer. Post a picture of the pump bracket, it should be stuck there.

Chester

View attachment 35545

Please help!

Thanks
Trevor

Yes, you need that yellow reducer. Post a picture of the pump bracket, it should be stuck there.

Chester

By pump bracket I am assuming you are taking about the part that is on the boat and not the jet nozzle correct?

Unfortunately those were the only pictures I took (kicking myself now of course). I am going to pick up a new yellow reducer tomorrow morning. I will disassemble everything, replace that part and take more thorough pictures while I do so...

Trevor -- not sure if I am reading the parts microfiche right here (someone can correct / clarify) but I see a reducer that seems to go into that area of your jet pump (see my pic below); othrewise, refer to this page where I got this info. I got a 2004 Speedster 200 and similar reducer looks to go there on my version of the pump as well.

Can anyone confirm?

Rivamotorsports.com's 2007 Sea Doo Jet Boat Challenger 180 215 IC Parts List

View attachment 35547
Yes that is the diagram I was referencing when I realized I did not see a yellow gasket anywhere when disassembling/ reassembling the pump. Thanks for your help and I will report back...

be sure to use the correct one for your boat, there are different colours available for different engines. they are calibrated for the proper water pressure in the exhaust cooling system.

be sure to use the correct one for your boat, there are different colours available for different engines. they are calibrated for the proper water pressure in the exhaust cooling system.

I got the exact part number required by the parts diagram.

I am in the process of taking the pump off again and will upload pictures as I go.

Here is the nozzle assembly.

IMG_2515.JPGIMG_2518.JPG

Here is the point where the jet pump mounts in the boat and as suspected..... that one little tiny part is missing.

IMG_2522.JPGIMG_2525.JPG

I would say that I believe that issue to be the cause of my water spraying issue.

Now I have another question regarding re-assembly.

I found this part in there and am not sure where it goes.

Looking at the parts diagram I was not able to figure it out either.

If anybody knows please let me know. It looks like if fits inside the impeller boot but I can’t find it on the diagram.

It is cracked so I will need to replace it

IMG_2529.JPGIMG_2526.JPGIMG_2527.JPGIMG_2528.JPG

You need a new impeller boot, clean out the impeller and the shaft put on the new boot using teflon thread sealant and tighten and then use lots of marine grade (synthetic preferred) grease. Boot is left hand thread

Oh boy. Okay what are the short term implications of reusing the old boot.

I ask because I just reinstalled it all. And was planning on coasting around for a few hours on it this weekend.

Also where exactly did that tiny piece come from?!

You could use the old one for a short while if you grease it up good, water and dirt, sand inside and rusted dry socket means wear and eventual failure of the driveshaft or the impeller especially when you are in salt water.

You could use the old one for a short while if you grease it up good, water and dirt, sand inside and rusted dry socket means wear and eventual failure of the driveshaft or the impeller especially when you are in salt water.

Thank you everyone for your help!! Happy to be back on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back