Westside Power Sports (Nick and Jess)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark100

Does anyone know these guys? If anyone has had success or problems with their services? I need a MPEM repaired or replaced for a 97 XP.

Thank you!

I just dealt with Nick recently, he helped me resolve a MPEM issue on my 96' GSX. Great customer service, I mailed it to him on a Monday and had it back on Friday. He charged me for a DESS post that didn't resolve the issue, then credited me back to apply it towards a MPEM purchase.

Very reasonable to work with...recommended.

What's wrong with your mpem that makes you want to replace it ? They are notorious for corrosion on the connector side.

What's wrong with your mpem that makes you want to replace it ? They are notorious for corrosion on the connector side.
I bought a non running jet ski. The previous owner had a problem blowing the 5amp fuse, instead of fixing it, he just put a 30 amp fuse in there, so it wouldn't blow. Well, it didn't. Nothing when the key is attached. I can't even get my CandooPro to connect to the Mpem.

Yeah they blew the protection diode most likely. To be sure. Unplug the vts, and all gauges and try one more 5a. If it pops again then the guys can hook you up with another one.

I bought a non running jet ski. The previous owner had a problem blowing the 5amp fuse, instead of fixing it, he just put a 30 amp fuse in there, so it wouldn't blow. Well, it didn't. Nothing when the key is attached. I can't even get my CandooPro to connect to the Mpem.
The famous diode is bad. Waiting on the new one to arrive to install it. The question is, with the M2535L diode bad, with good fuses, would the MPEM work until the 5amp fuse blows again? Since I have a no beep dead ski?It is my belief something else is bad in the MPEM. Any thoughts?

The famous diode is bad. Waiting on the new one to arrive to install it. The question is, with the M2535L diode bad, with good fuses, would the MPEM work until the 5amp fuse blows again? Since I have a no beep dead ski?It is my belief something else is bad in the MPEM. Any thoughts?
Installed the new diode. Now my gauges work, MPEM recognizes the key, and it turns over, and it has spark. I think I need to clean the carbs and change spark plugs and it should start right up. I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back