Well I just purchased my SeaDoo boat - and now they get out of the boat business.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheappc

So what are we going to do?

I did a lot of research before purchasing my boat, but never put that card on the deck (BRP getting out of the boat business).

So I wanted to start a discussion with my fellow new boat purchasers? Whats on your mind? What should we do? I know the obvious, I love my speedster, just took it out on Sunday, had a blast.. but realistically speaking, what does the future hold for us in 5 years? Really?

Last edited by a moderator:
The future holds a lot in 5 years. Bombardier has been in business since the 40's. INVENTED the snowmobile as we know it today. Just because they are pulling out of the sport boat business doesn't mean that they are going to give up on all their boats and not honor any warranty or stop working on them. I bought my Speedster new in '99. The following year Bomby switched to the Merc M2 jet drives. It never concerned me that they switched. 13 years later I can still go to the dealer and buy parts--not the seats or body parts but almost everything else. That is support. I'd be willing to say that you'll be able to do the same. Everything will be fine, you'll still get service, go and enjoy the boat, life's to short to sweat the small stuff.

I see what your saying, the feeling was a little the same when they went to the mercury engine.. Though I can't lie to you and tell you I don't feel dumb, I do, I made somewhat of a big investment, $18,500 total that I just went into contract with less than two months ago.

I won't sweat the small stuff, I love my speedster, but Ive been here before, I bought a hummer h3, than a year and half later, they discontinued them.. I did sell it and move on, but it didnt feel good. Though I knew deep inside me that it probably wasn't a smart idea when I purchased my hummer. This time, with seadoo, it was shocking, its like saying BMW will get out of the car business, and just keep the motorcycle business, sounds unbelievable.

Shocking..

Who knows what the economy will look like in 5 yrs?...Seadoo may decide to jump back into the sport boat business?

I dont quite understand the problem. If BRP was going to continue producing new boats, you would have the remainder of your warranty and all parts available to you from BRP. BRP is not going to sell new boats anymore, but they will still honor the warranty and sell parts for them. Nothing has changed as far as current owners are concerned. When you bought that Hummer and then GM stopped producing them, they still honored warranties and sold parts also.

Enjoy the boat!!!

+1, you're way over thinking this whole thing. The company didnt file backruptcy and disolve, so you're/we're all fine! In fact, i'm glad i purchased my 2012 230wake (which was a lot bigger investment) since I won't have that option next year. It was still the best bang for the buck by far. I'd buy a H1 or H2 SUT now if i got a good enough deal on one. Pulling the plug on a design isn't the same as going out of buisness completely. If anything our boats should sell better used now. We won't have to compete with new boats low APR and extended warranties. It's a lot easier to sell your home when they're done building in your neighborhood, if you know what i mean.

I have a 2012 Speedster 150. After thinking about the news, I decided that I am pretty happy knowing that nobody will have a newer model year Speedster than I will. I also tend to keep my toys for a long time so as long as their are parts available, and I don't see any reason to think that there won't be, I am perfectly ok with the news.

I don't see any reason to panic over BRP exiting sports boat. The parts are going to be available and that's all should matter to us. Of course, prices might take hit in the short-term since few might panic and sell it to dealer (stealership) for less than real value. I never owned a boat in my life and bought 2011 C180 (18 hrs on it) around July. My family, friends and I had one of the BEST EVER SUMMER in our life. My wife and kids are happy when we go out and cruise around. I might not sell this boat forever who knows since it's my very first boat.

Enjoy the boat man who cares if they make anymore or not. All we should care if it can maintained and parts are available.

You guys are right! I was going to keep my boat, I saw some statistics, and Seadoo BRP is the #1 selling PWC in the world (from the websites I saw the data from).

Good thing is that most of our internal parts are shared with the PWC's. Another good news is that the same model has been around for almost 10 years (in case of my speedster). I know we are going to be ok with parts and warranty. I have taken my boat out 5 times, and Im going to take it out again in the coming weeks. The computer only says 8 hours..

So Im going to enjoy it and when Im ready to move up, lets see what the market conditions are..

You guys are right! I was going to keep my boat, I saw some statistics, and Seadoo BRP is the #1 selling PWC in the world (from the websites I saw the data from).

Good thing is that most of our internal parts are shared with the PWC's. Another good news is that the same model has been around for almost 10 years (in case of my speedster). I know we are going to be ok with parts and warranty. I have taken my boat out 5 times, and Im going to take it out again in the coming weeks. The computer only says 8 hours..

So Im going to enjoy it and when Im ready to move up, lets see what the market conditions are..

Good deal man, just enjoy it and take good care of it and you will be fine. I love mine and plan on keeping it for a long time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back