Wave Form Library

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkov608

Is anyone aware of a library for Rotax sensor wave forms? I'm troubleshooting a CPS sensor fault and need a good reference for what the sensor wave form should look like.

Thanks!

Ok. Just in case you were wondering what a good looking CPS sensor wave form looks like. Here's one. Both samples time base ... 20ms. We should start a wave form library on the forum.

CSP Sensor 2002 GTX.jpg

Now here's the one from a 2017 GTR that's throwing a C2111 fault code (erratic CPS). Notice the drop outs. The drop outs are intermittent, so I don't believe it a damaged encoder wheel. Ski-Doo ... thoughts?

cps sensor 3 edit.jpg

Are all the dropouts perfectly spaced off the centerline with about equal amplitude? Is there any pattern of dropouts with the 34 teeth or the 2 open spots on the encoder wheel at any constant rpm? Is it idling perfectly?

Check wiring and connections and look for damaged circuits or terminals. Change spark plugs to rule it out.

Test was performed on one known good ski, and one with the C2111 fault.

Wave forms captured, during cranking the engine in the flood mode (full throttle). Drop outs are intermittent. It is not idling very well.

A new CPS will be here on the 7th.

There on order, but I don't think that's the issue. If you look at the scans, you can clearly see drop outs while the engine is cranking and coils and injectors are disabled in the flood crank mode.

Last edited:
It was the CPS. Here's the old wave form (as a reminder).

cps sensor 3 edit.jpg

Here's the new sensor wave form.

new cps.jpg

The ski runs much better now. I'll take it out on the river within the next few days.

Back from the river! It's all good ... just need to burn the old gas out of the ski. Wow! This thing is much faster than my old GTX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back