Water system flow

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water sports

Questions on a 1999 Seadoo speedster 787 jetboat

Question 1-Can somebody please tell me what I should be doing and looking for with the water system to ensure there are no blockages I have currently replaced all water pipes on my Seadoo Speedster 787 twin engine 2 stroke jet boat. I asked this because when I put my boat in the water as mentioned the very first time the alarm went on and why I am working on it it would be good to know. 8 to finish and put it back in the water and this alarm comes back on. That would absolutely got me as I have put a lot of effort into trying to get it right.

Question 2 Today I removed the oil pump at the front of the engine due to when I put a mirror in front of this it looked a little bit corroded and rusty so I have decided to remove both of them, is there any tips or things I should be doing or looking out for. ?

The only areas that typically bet blockages are the lower cylinder drain hoses under the big exhaust pipe.

You will have to pull the front engine mount to get the cover off so it is a good idea to align the engine after doing that.

The only areas that typically bet blockages are the lower cylinder drain hoses under the big exhaust pipe.

You will have to pull the front engine mount to get the cover off so it is a good idea to align the engine after doing that.
Thanks for this advice, Removing the engine mount is this to excess lower cylinder drain hoses and I am gathering these water pipes where does this drain go to from the engine

Questions on a 1999 Seadoo speedster 787 jetboat

Question 1-Can somebody please tell me what I should be doing and looking for with the water system to ensure there are no blockages I have currently replaced all water pipes on my Seadoo Speedster 787 twin engine 2 stroke jet boat. I asked this because when I put my boat in the water as mentioned the very first time the alarm went on and why I am working on it it would be good to know. 8 to finish and put it back in the water and this alarm comes back on. That would absolutely got me as I have put a lot of effort into trying to get it right.

Question 2 Today I removed the oil pump at the front of the engine due to when I put a mirror in front of this it looked a little bit corroded and rusty so I have decided to remove both of them, is there any tips or things I should be doing or looking out for. ?

what is this rubber seal called and do i need to replace it.

Attachments

• 183B238D-BDCC-4494-81F2-AFB5AFB63095.jpeg
    183B238D-BDCC-4494-81F2-AFB5AFB63095.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
That is the PTO boot. I can't tell if it ripped from the pic, but at a minimum, that zip tie needs to be replaced if the boot is intact. It needs to be sealed around the PTO and driveshaft to keep the grease in. Fill it with synthetic grease until it just moves.

Hi is there a designed seadoo engine lubricant while the engines are not being used, as i am worried about corrosion inside the engine. Any tips would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back