Water Sensor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moog62

I bought a 1996 Speedster and the auto bilge did not work. The fellow who owned it before me bought it used and said that it didn't work for him either. The bilge pump works when I turn on the switch on the console. After looking around I found the water sensor and, my guess is, that it is bad. From what I have read the bilge pump should go on 10 seconds after the water hits the electrodes on the sensor and should shut off 30 seconds after the water subsides beneath the electrodes again. Long description to ask the following question...

I found the part #278000864 but it has been discontinued. The sensor for the following year is still available (1997). I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the original part or alternatively does anyone know if the sensor for the 1997 would work?

Many Thanks in Advance,
Vaughn

Why do you just try to install one from a marine shop? It seems to me is just a simple two wire connection.

Also, make sure you are adding enough water to trigger the sensor. Mine will not start until the sensor is completely submerged in water.

Well i took the boat to Cape Coral last weekend. That was my first outing on this year. I usually go to the Watson Island ramp. I want to go launch there on June 6 and go to Haulover beer can island. I hear it gets good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back