Water Intrusion?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fathom

Just finished rebuilding the carbs and RAVE valves on my 98 Speedster. Did a short test run (no water) and she started and idled fine. Pulled the boat out of the garage and did a test on the hose first starting, slightly opening water from my hose after it was running. After about 15seconds of running it quit and would not start. I promptly secured the water and pulled the plugs. The PTO plug seems to be a milky white. Is this indicative of water intrusion? I usually see water drops on a plug and not a milky white residue so I'm curious what y'all think. Thanks for the help.
-Dave

Unfortunately my battery died so I wasn't able to crank it. I ended up pulling the head as I assumed it was a bad head gasket (o-ring) but I don't see any signs of failure. Everything appears fine so I guess I'll buy some new gaskets and try it again.

Regardless, there was so much salt build up in the head that it probably needed to be pulled anyway...IMG_1573.JPG-1.jpg

Unfortunately my battery died so I wasn't able to crank it. I ended up pulling the head as I assumed it was a bad head gasket (o-ring) but I don't see any signs of failure. Everything appears fine so I guess I'll buy some new gaskets and try it again.

Regardless, there was so much salt build up in the head that it probably needed to be pulled anyway...View attachment 39338

Look pretty bad! New gasket and a good cleaning should do the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back