Water in the hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xl8luvr

Ok everybody, I am having some issues with my 96 xp. If i putt around and go slow, i dont seem to have a problem, but if i go really fast for about 15 minutes, the engine compartment is almost totally full, and ski starts to sink. How much faith do you all have in the carbon fiber ring that the driveshaft goes through. I've seen it drip here and there, and I thought the seadoo had a way of getting rid of the water from the two plastic sqaure blocks on the hull floor with the tubes that go out by the nozzle. Please help before it totally goes down

Is it clean water? Check the security of all of your exhaust connections and make sure it's not coming from there.

Is it clean water? Check the security of all of your exhaust connections and make sure it's not coming from there.
Like twKenny said.
Also check the ski while running outa water with the hosepipe connected.
Mine sprung a leak on the alloy exhaust.
It had corroded with salt on one of the casting bungs and needed a new disc tig welded over it.

This was a pain in the #$% to find

My experience was on a GTXL...but the exact same problem. When the engine revs up the compartment fills up...when idles or sits no leak...and you cannot tell where it is coming from...

The problem was in the back of the craft into where the jet blast is directed out of the venturi...there are 2 little plastic 'inserts' that extend down ~ 1-1.5 inches into the jetblast...if one of those is missing...you get those exact symptoms...

Now I was a cheap butt...I took a small piece of plastic tubing that fit tightly into the opening...not sure of the exact diameter....but sealed it in with some ultra black...let it sit for 2 hours...and haven't had any more problems...

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back