Water in Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucseadoo

I have a 2005 4tec Sportster. The boat recently was in repair for the engine water pump (coolant). Since return from repair when running the boat in the water the engine get water in it. Thus, the boat won't run. I pull the plugs turn engine over to remove water keep filling with WD-40 until the engine will run. The boat had never been towed and never flushed unless engine is running. I know water cools the exhaust but why would it get into the engine compartment? I took it back to the shop and the mechanic assured me he test rode the boat and no issues with water in engine. He did change the oil 4x and the plugs. I put the boat back in the water. Cranked it at the dock -ran for about 30 secs. Parked the truck and when I tried to start it would not. Checked again and water in engine. Now back to the vicious cycle of removing plugs/changing oil and lots of WD-40. The mechanics have no clue. Anyone have similar problem with a solution?
Head gasket? Plugged exahust vent line?
Thanks!

Experiencing same problem

We changed the oil 2 times over the weekend but there is still a milky color to it and it smokes when you rev up the engine. Should I be worried that the engine is not repairable or continue to change the oil till it's no milky any longer? It's the same 2005 sportster 4 seater. The problem started with the air intake hose coming off and not being noticed and it sucked water in.

If anyone has any help or suggestions I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking I have to bring it to the dealer.

lmtma:mad:

I believe if you have a bad gasket on the exhaust water can get into the engine. Theres also other ways but I thought that was themain one. However with 2005 I really havent seen many to compare with old vs new.

If your oil is milky keep changing it or say bye bye bottom end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back