Water in 2009 180 challenger 215 engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, water in the cylinders always makes it's way into the crankcase oil. And most cases of water in the cylinder I see are a result of a cracked exhaust manifold from winter freezing / poor winterization technique, Sometimes a cracked head or head gasket are responsible, or maybe the boat sank (can even sink on the trailer if drain plug isn't removed or gets clogged.

In salt, I give most exhaust manifolds a 5yr average lifetime.

I’ve owned the boat for 4 years now bought it second hand only now has 84 hrs on it and really haven’t done anything to it except and couple oil changes this winter may have to crack open the maintenance manual and start replacing some filters and other things. Will differently be giving the exhaust manifold a look over when I get back

Level are dead on

Being a closed loop cooling system, if your coolant levels are fine than you can eliminate just about everything except the exhaust as it's the only thing cooled by the water the boat sits in. My money says it's the manifold.

Being a closed loop cooling system, if your coolant levels are fine than you can eliminate just about everything except the exhaust as it's the only thing cooled by the water the boat sits in. My money says it's the manifold.

Replace the manifold? Know any sites that ship to the great white north

The 215 intercooler is also prone to leaking especially if it is not flushed on a regular basis operated in salt or nasty water. Our point being Lwells if you don’t know why water was injested in your engine in the first place all this time and money your investing in flushing and changing oil is for naught unless you solve the water flooding issue first. If the engine compartment flooded with water or you water flooded the engine from some operator error issue your probably good to go but if it’s water flooding from operating the engine then you have another issue either the exhaust or intake manifold(intercooler) are leaking water into the engine.

I’m 75% sure the water came from incorrectly turning on the water hose before I started it. Currently the oil is good and not milky will keep a eye on it and if the oil again becomes milky or if the same problem persists or arises again then exhaust or intake manifold will be the first on the list

Skiasylum is correct. The intercooler looks like stacks of spaghetti. These small tubes can leak over time if not flushed or winterized properly.

You need to check them both to see which is causing the water leak.

IC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back