Water Control Valve

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Since the WCV on the 2000 GTX 951 was leaking yesterday during my test ride I thought it might be a good idea to revisit the Water Control Valve. I have taken this apart and pondered for long periods how it worked and what would be a good way to test it and figured nothing out. :D We have some detailed threads on the forum but I couldn't find the one where we discussed the valve in detail. So here is a picture of the one I removed from the GTX yesterday. When I was riding I was getting water in the hull and found it was the valve. That's a big leak. The small ones can still affect performance. A rusty spot below the valve and on top of the water box is a good indication and reason to check the valve.

This valve came apart completely when I removed it. I believe I previously rectified this situation with some gray RTV and a light coat around the perimeter of the internals. We'll see. I probably have a good valve in my parts pile but I like adventure.Water Control Valve Apart (1).JPG

Although there was never a definitive conclusion or one from the factory, on one’s that leak from the body and not the diaphragm I have been installing an o-ring in the molded groove.

I have no idea why that grove is there and why no o-ring from the factory but every one I have done the leak stopped and performance was as it should be.

Although there was never a definitive conclusion or one from the factory, on one’s that leak from the body and not the diaphragm I have been installing an o-ring in the molded groove.

I have no idea why that grove is there and why no o-ring from the factory but every one I have done the leak stopped and performance was as it should be.
First I heard of that but seems logical to have an o-ring there. I use Ultra Gray RTV. LOL Got a size on the o-ring you use.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back