WakePro 230 vs. GTR 215 acceleration?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

DCM

We've had a 2019 WakePro 230 since new and recently picked up a used 2015 GTR 215. The WakePro accelerates linear throughout the RPM range. The GTR is much slower accelerating from a stop, then really takes off after about 4000 RPM. The GTR seems to run well. Idles smooth. Don't think I'm getting any cavitation. I realize these machines have different performance charactaistics, but should the GTR 215 have a more linear acceleration throughout the RPM range like the WakePro? Is is normal for the GTR to wait until 4000 RPM to come alive?

Impellers are different. 230 is 267001038. 215 is 267000801. Maybe I'm just noticing the different charactaristics of the impellers?

Does it have a sport mode? My RXP 260 launches casually unless in sport mode.
Both have sport mode that does impact performance a little, but GTR just doesn’t come alive until around 4000rpm. Plugs were replaced in March. Going to try replacing fuel filter to I see if anything changes.

FYI not sure if you found anything but I have 2018 GTR 230 and 2014 GTR 215 and both have slow initial acceleration and rip after about 2-3 seconds. Since they both do it I assumed it was normal.

Reactions: DCM
FYI not sure if you found anything but I have 2018 GTR 230 and 2014 GTR 215 and both have slow initial acceleration and rip after about 2-3 seconds. Since they both do it I assumed it was normal.
Appreciate the response. I’ve done quite a bit of likely unneeded maintenance on the GTR215 and now think it is just difference in the characteristics of the 2 skis. The more I ride the 215, the more I like the GTR platform. It’s a lot of fun once it gets out of the lower RPMs.

Back