Wake wave shapers for a Challenger?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on a Q&A board on the overtons product website in response regarding a dual Yamaha jet boat. Many other answers also recommend you still use ballast bags with this product.

saac
· 6 months ago
Thanks for the interest! We did some preliminary testing and posted the results here… https://jetboaters.net/threads/missionboatgear-delta.9248/ Because of the dual engines some boats have, it creates a ton of wash that it is extremely difficult to clean up. Single engine jet boats should have better results. Delta does it’s job of eliminating the interference of the stern wave coming from the side opposite the rider, but the jet wash from the dual jet being aimed right at the wave you are trying to surf on makes it difficult to completely clean up that wave. We are currently working with Jet Boat Industry insiders on an option to tune the jets in such a way that you able to eliminate the jet wash problem. Then with the addition of DELTA you will be able to get a great surf wave. We are eager to check this out as soon as we are able to get back on the water Check back at www.missionboatgear.com for updates.

For that kind of money, I decided to make my own next season. There are tons of videos on the YouTube and it is really easy. Dunno how reliable it will be, but I could buy a wakeboard with the money I’m saving by doing it myself.

If nothing else, do the $30 DIY version and if you like the results and really want a factory made one get one. The DIY version is a good idea especially with the uncertainty of the jet boats wake, maybe you can play with the design and get one to work for your boat.

If nothing else, do the $30 DIY version and if you like the results and really want a factory made one get one. The DIY version is a good idea especially with the uncertainty of the jet boats wake, maybe you can play with the design and get one to work for your boat.
I made one based on this forum post http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807068&page=99999

I have moved it all over my speedster 200 and barely have any noticeable difference. I think the dual jet wash is too much for this to really work like it does on indrives

Have you had any luck with the DIY? I made one, not quite as nice as the one you posted but a similar concept. My problem is the stern of the Wake 230 is curved do the suction bend to match the angle to attach. And the stern is super narrow so I've got little room to move it around. I'm thinking about designing something much larger that will attach across the top of the swim deck and lower down into the water...still trying to figure it out!

I never did put one together. The more I read the more it looked like ballast bags & big ones @ that are a must along with a shaker & then the its still tough because of the jetwash so I gave up on it for now as I don’t have the wake version. I think @ the slow speed the jet wash wouldn’t be an issue though due to the angle they are shooting down @ at that speed.
I saw the back end of a wakesetter this weekend & it looked like the predator with hoses & plates all over the place to help it do what it does. Good luck though & do report back. I’d love to see a Sea-Doo setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back