Vts too low on 96 xp 800?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hey all, new guy here (to the forum, pwc’s and 2 strokes)

I changed my carbon ring last night and all went seemingly well putting the jet pump back on, but after I bolted the nozzle to it I noticed a problem as I was hooking up the vts and steering.

The vts rod is far enough out that when connected it tips the nozzle down so for that left and right motion is restricted badly.

Not sure if I need to just “trim up” with the controls, or adjust the linkage at the nozzle or if I did something wrong, since I don’t recall it being like that before I took it off but I’m not sure.

IMG_7095.jpegIMG_7094.jpeg

You'll need to adjust the trim so it isn't putting pressure on the nozzle.

IMPORTANT: check that rubber accordion (boot) for cracks or splits or being brittle. If that leaks water will get into your VTS motor section. That is definitely NOT the proper clamp to hold the boot in position. Do some research and get the right stuff on there. Good Luck

You'll need to adjust the trim so it isn't putting pressure on the nozzle.

IMPORTANT: check that rubber accordion (boot) for cracks or splits or being brittle. If that leaks water will get into your VTS motor section. That is definitely NOT the proper clamp to hold the boot in position. Do some research and get the right stuff on there. Good Luck
Thanks, meanwhile I noticed the there are wear marks that indicate it’s been doing this since before I got it. That’s good to know I didn’t forget a part or hook something up wrong.

I adjusted the linkage as much as I could and it’s much better now.

The hose clamp stuck out as not oem to me as well but not sure I want to mess with it if it works. I guess I’ll find out soon.

Back