VTS options 96 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any alternatives to the complex and fragile VTS system on the 96 XP. Or is there a popular delete? I think I've seen mention of a manual type trim...

I'm not a big trim guy since I ride surf and even then I'm not used to a trim system... my 97 GP needed trim system though as it would rival dolphins, lol

There are a few options..
1. You can do "The Trim Fix" which replaces the brain with relays.
2. The racers used to use a hydraulic manual trim and @Matt Braley is a good one to talk to on that.
3. The thing that kills the stock ones is water so you need a good lid seal on the inside and a new accordion boot and updated clamps on the outside then they are pretty reliable.
4. The HX used a manual trim know that could be adapted to work.

Thanks! I'll look into the HX trim. I changed the plug on a VTS and ran one off a GSI or whatever.. but it's just crazy having all that complexity for just trim IMO

The trim really does quite a bit on these, all the way up for screwing around and jumping and down for ripping turns. If you are only riding surf then probably not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back