Video of seat project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job on the seats. Looks very professional. Can I ask what kind of paint you used on the rub rail and what kind of prep it needed? My purple rub rail is very faded and that would really freshen things up!

Nice job on the seats. Looks very professional. Can I ask what kind of paint you used on the rub rail and what kind of prep it needed? My purple rub rail is very faded and that would really freshen things up!
Testors Purple Licous. I got it at Hobby Lobby where the model cars section is. It took 2 of these little cans at $5.99 to do the trim around the boat, the hatch, and steering wheel. I tried it on the hand grab but it never dried so I took it off with gas. I didn't do any prep. The paint can says it has primer & sealer in it. I haven't taken the boat out yet to see how durable it's gonna be.

Attachments

• DSCN9998.JPG
    DSCN9998.JPG
    894.5 KB · Views: 16
Seats look great. Huge improvement from what was quite possibly the worst upholstery job in the history of ever. It’s a lot of hard work. Ask me how I know.

your rub rail color change is....probably not going to last very long. Looks good now, but the flexibility of the rub rail material means your paint job will scrape and flake off pretty fast. Personally, I don't think I would recommend this mod.

Seats look great. Huge improvement from what was quite possibly the worst upholstery job in the history of ever. It’s a lot of hard work. Ask me how I know.

your rub rail color change is....probably not going to last very long. Looks good now, but the flexibility of the rub rail material means your paint job will scrape and flake off pretty fast. Personally, I don't think I would recommend this mod.
Krylon fusion my friend. Did the rails in my HX, not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back