Ventilation Tee

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rgardner928

So I pulled the vent line from my baffle on my 97 speedster to swap out the baffle for a working one. When doing so I broke the 1/4" part of the plastic tee off. Well it turns out a plastic replacement isn't out there. I want to swap it out for a brass Tee. Is there any issues doing so?

This is the vent line that runs from the fuel tank up to the side of the hull where the vent is mounted. Along that 5/8" line is a tee that allows for the 1/4" vent line from the baffle to connect into.

See pictures... left the the brass one I want to replace it with. And the right side is the plastic one I broke.

I have friend thats telling me that Id cuase suction issues and such if I swapped out the plastic fitting for a brass one to to the microscopic inside size changes between the plastic one and the brass one. Anyone experience what he's referring too? Will it still work fine?

I might be able to get my hands on another plastic oem one..is a 50/50 shot..but if I just go brass, Ill never have to worry about it breaking on accident again..is my thought process.

The other picture is what the plastic one did look like.

Attachments

• 20180901_190439.jpg
    20180901_190439.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20180901_193906.jpg
    20180901_193906.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back