ventilation fan....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyboy76

THAT'S RIGHT, Dig'n the So Cal weather, just ripped up the ocean, BUT...vent fan took-a-dump. Before tackl'n it and more-likely get pissed off at it, how to go about get'n to it....Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reach under the foam divider inside the Hull. There is a 2 wire plug to unhook, and a large c-clip about 4" in diameter that holds it in from the bottom. Squeeze the c-clip and it will drop out toward the bottom. Should take about 3 minutes to replace it. I found one at west marine that was the same size. I soldered and heat shrinked the connectors to keep them a match to the old one and make them water proof. Make sure the fan is spinning in the correct direction after it's wired in. On mine the color codes for the wires didn't match up.

Karl

:cheers:, Karl...
5 minutes..:rofl:, couldn't find plug. Hav'n hard time though pay'n 85 buks, for new one, havn't checked the West Marine yet. Was able to get-ur work'n, with some pound'n it, so figure "brushes" are bad. Motor looks somewhat of a "540" motor, in RC cars, so I have a brush cutter/get new brushes, but cant figure how to remove the motor/impellor....Thanks again, chief.

Score...

West Marine wasn't bad in price, but found exact one, ATWOOD TURBO 4000, from "Bass Pro Shop", in stock for $25.00w/ tax.
Thumbs up Karl for removal....

So, Timmy, when did you find another boat?

Glad you got one, either way. Been looking a while...:hurray::cheers:

I paid $25.00 at my local True Value store that stocks boat parts, but not sure if all True Value Stores did that. In Florida most all Hardware stores stock boat parts and accessories.

Karl

Yah, not sure about the hardware stores, didn't think of it, but found those ones at Bass Pro, only darn prob, is they got the "3000" (3in) in stock, man I'm too impatient for crap that goes this way, so...wondering if the 3in would work, you know, wrap foam/bubble wrap to accommidate the play???
Scoop, the boat dude, scored on it for 1500buks, no prob til this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back