veines in the shoe are damaged

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

68ragtop

veins in the shoe are damaged

How important are the veins that "used" to be in the shoe of my RXP?
I would have to believe this is a common occurrence as all it would take is a branch to head into the impeller & they would be whipped out. Should I cut them off & smoothen the surface, leave them as is? or does the shoe need to be replaced?

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    530.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
Shameless bump....

Any ideas? I am guessing removing them the rest of the way would be best, but I am not sure what they were there for
in the first place. Really don't want to replace the shoe if I don't have too.

Any idea what their purpose is? trying to prevent the water from turning before it hits the impeller?

They are so small & jagged now, I suppose there's more chance of causing a problem vs helping anything at all.

from a friend of mine...
Those "Shark Teeth" as we call them need to either all be there,or all be gone....Shave them down flush with the pump shoe and you will be fine...the only way these shark teeth hurt performance is when they are broken into different sizes,then they cause the ski/boat to cavitate.

Thanks for the info! Any idea what they were designed to do in the first place?

I can't imagine them surviving any sticks that would come into the impeller.

My understanding is they even out the flow of water and break up bubbles before hitting your prop.

I've ingested a stick or two. My veins are in perfect shape. My prop and ring turned those sticks to salad...which I had to pick outa the nozzle afterward...heh.

I've never ingested a rock.

For sure could have been a rock too. I have no clue as it was like this when I got it. The impeller has a few very small dings, but unremarkable otherwise. That's why I was thinking a stick of some sort. whatever it was it spun around in there for a while.

Thanks!

Or a rope! Something must be in the air since your impeller only has a few dings. I've bought several used skis and they are usually killed. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled the pump on my 05 wake I bought last week. I about had to pinch myself.
120.jpg

Wow! Is that ever a clean one! I usually just hope for dings I can take off with a file & I am happy. I have the opportunity to purchase a solas concord 15/21 for my ski, but with no other mods I am not sure it will gain anything at all. maybe just lower my RPM's? Isn't 15/20 the desired pitch for the 255?

I thought I read, or heard something that with a grate & impeller they will do 74ish. I am guessing its not that simple or seadoo would have done it right out of the box. But I agree with you, I have never had this on the water yet. Bought it in neglected condition & am going through it now. Then we will see what it is. Just one of those things where I have a lot apart & it would be easy to change out parts if they make sense to do. I ordered a new wear ring for it, as it has a groove right in front of the impellers leading edges. But maybe that's normal, It looks like your ring has that too?

EDIT: your ring doesn't look as bad as mine. yours just looks like scuffs I'll post a pict of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to pull the impeller, clean up the edges & probably install the new ring. Still really tight clearance, just the deep groove that probably won't effect anything, but its one of those "as long as its apart" things.

Attachments

• photo.prop.JPG
    photo.prop.JPG
    546.5 KB · Views: 12
I probably should change mine but its not cavitating and hitting 53 on the gps in the chop so i'm going to call it good. That's on par for a 155 gtx hull. If I had a px it would have a perfect wear ring and impeller like my RXT :drool5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back