Utopia 185 won't exceed 4500 RPMs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joneil226

I have a 2003 Utopia 185 with the 210 m2 from Merc. Normal top end is 55MPH @ 5600 RPMs. Revs on hose to top end 5700 but when in water only gets to 4500. It used to jump out of the water and fully plain in5 seconds and accelrated to 55 MPH in 12 t0 15 seconds. I have replaced Fuel, Fuel Filter and Plugs. this Boat was an fine last time it was out (Labor Day).

Any ideas on where to go next? I originally thought I purchase some bad fuel because I tanked up after the Labor Day outing, I have replace with new gas.

I've been looking for it but haven't been able to find it. I've been told it is a white oilfilter looking can on right side of engine. My local Seadoo dealer wasn't helpful either. They didn't think it had one.

???

Snipe,

I've been looking for it but haven't been able to find it. I've been told it is a white oilfilter looking can on right side of engine. My local Seadoo dealer wasn't helpful either. They didn't think it had one.

???

water and vapor seperator?

In your PM's, I didn't know what engine you had. The 210 may not have this seperator. I think it probably does. But looking at your problem again, it seems you may have an issue with your pulse line fuel pump and anti siphon valves.

If the check valves are not holding in the pulse line fuel pump, then you may not be able to build enouhg fuel pressure to run at the higher RPM........

It's hard to say since there are so many things involved in the fuel circuit of the M-2.

For trouble shooting, a manual would be necessary if not mandatory on this engine.............:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back