universal fuel sender unit for Sportster 1999

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rrebel

Hi Guys,

I am trying to repair the fuel gauge did some testing with the original sender but don't get it back to work.

Anyone any succes by adding an universal sending unit? Any make or type that works good with this boat?

just like every one of these boats, my fuel gauge doesn't work either. my plan is to eventually pull out the sending unit, jumper over the fuse in the unit, then add an inline fuse in the wiring pigtail. you can watch plenty of videos of this repair youtube.

just like every one of these boats, my fuel gauge doesn't work either. my plan is to eventually pull out the sending unit, jumper over the fuse in the unit, then add an inline fuse in the wiring pigtail. you can watch plenty of videos of this repair youtube.

Tried this repair but didnt work for me.. anyone successfully replace the compleet unit with a universal one?

How easy or hard would it be to seal the hole i have to drill into the tank to mount the new sender?

Personally, I wouldn’t even think about this option.

one day I will get around to fixing mine, but in the meantime, I just fill it up every other time I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back