Two beeps and one beep after not starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrcanter

I have a 2001 SeaDoo GS. It has been running good but today I couldn’t get it started even after cleaning the lanyard and repositioning it. Put new plugs in and it wouldn’t start. Now I have the battery on a trickle charge. Any other suggestions I sure would appreciate

I have a 2001 SeaDoo GS. It has been running good but today I couldn’t get it started even after cleaning the lanyard and repositioning it. Put new plugs in and it wouldn’t start. Now I have the battery on a trickle charge. Any other suggestions I sure would appreciate
Was it cranking too slow? When my battery is dying I will have the two beeps and then after it cranks it will beep once letting me know the battery is dying. I would check after the battery is charged

Dr. Honda and Cheflen thanks.....nothing happened this morning after being on the charger all night. no beeps. Took the battery (just purchased 7-1-18) back to Advance Auto and it tested fine but the tech there said that who ever sold it to me sold me the wrong type of battery...long story short got a refund because Advance doesn't carry a battery for the GS. What and where do you guys recommend getting batteries?

Any 16CL-B group battery will work. I buy the flooded Napa GS batteries for $75 and they last 4-5 years on a battery tender.

Stay away from the Walmart Neverstarts.

Ok new battery put in and now I get nothing....not even a single beep....what should I troubleshoot next? Thx

What is the voltage on the battery?
Cables clean and tight?
Does it crank if you jump the solenoid?
All fuses good?

What is the voltage on the battery?
Cables clean and tight?
Does it crank if you jump the solenoid?
All fuses good?

Battery at 13 V when I used the multimeter, cables are clean and tight, all fuses in from box are good. Are there fuses in the back on this model? Also I have not tried to jump the solenoid....never done that before so advice appreciated

I would check the rear box to be sure.
Without the lanyard installed if you push the start/stop button a couple of times do the gauges come on?

Totally unrelated but what oil are you running?

I would try jumping the solenoid and see if you get anything.

Well, that is absolutely the wrong oil for your ski. You have to get it out, flush the system and change the oil filter then install the correct API-TC oil and bleed the oil system.

What does the front look like? It appears that will work but if it says anywhere TCW-3 it is wrong and since it also doesn't say that it meets API-TC I sure wouldn't put it in my ski.

It doesn't say it meets the API-TC spec so I would not run it in mine. There is no such thing as a dual rated API-TC and TCW- 3 oil so I am not sure how they are marketing it since the JASO and ISO certs they mention are not common in the watercraft industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back