Two ’97 Seadoo GTX STOLEN 9/11 $1000 Reward

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro_hodges

Two ’97 Seadoo GTX STOLEN 9/08 $1000 Reward

Someone pulled up in my driveway between 09:00 and 17:00 in broad daylight today (09/11/08) and took these two skis. They bypassed a REESE ball lock. The ones that have a ball that goes inside and a loop that goes around it. I thought that was enough, thus I did not have insurance. Now $200/yr looks cheap.

TX-2908-HU VIN: ZZNH1849C696
TX-4578-HR VIN: ZZND6937K697
Plates 97ZVKK

If you see them, call Owen at 713.826.3213

*****There is a reward of $1000 if they are found and in good condition.

jet ski, GTX, SEADOO, Kawasaki, Sea doo, wave runner, waverunner, yamaha, pwc, personal water craft, trailer,

Attachments

• seadoo01.jpg
    seadoo01.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 14
  • seadoo02.jpg
    seadoo02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd at least cruise the neighborhood.

Probably they just used the safety chain, and hooked the wires up, and pulled them to a nearby site to remove your safety device. And that is where they will be for a day or so. In a garage, out of sight.

Makes you want to try an old Muslim trick, "chop off their hand" don't it?

Nate

options

House insurance may cover it cause they were locked up on your driveway....Also check around in case they simply unbolted the coupler and put their own on. they may have thrown it away down the street. If you want to further investigate it.....Check with the local stores and see if one sold a coupler recently that fits your trailer, it looks similar to my twin yacht club so it would be a 2" the store may still have video on that day. if you want to pm me feel free and i can fill you in on more....Good Luck!

:agree: That is true...house insurance will likely cover the theft. I had a cargo trailer stolen from my driveway....my home insurance covered the trailer and its contents.

Matt

Makes you want to try an old Muslim trick, "chop off their hand" don't it?

Nate

Its not a trick, its a law in some places od middle east. You have to admint what hand did u take the item with and if not then both are under the knife. I dont know the details on it and how its done but it seems to work.

Boy! that would be rough... the thief uses his right hand to steal something. Then, because he is right handed, does not want to admit to using the right hand to steal it. So, he blames his left. They cut it off.
Then, a week later, somebody discovers a VIDEO SURVEILLANCE cam of the whole thing, and SEE that he used his right hand, and now he looses that one too!

But, at least he would be able to tell others not to steal! (And why!)

Ahem! It'd get others attention!

Nate

I had a Reese Universal Coupler Lock, that apparently was pried off and it broke at the casting. I found it in the street the next day. I don't know how I did not see it previously (unless it is the house builders and they just through it out the next day). I also checked with Statefarm and they said I was covered for $1000, I said ok, so what do I do? They said, that is below your deductable, so you should not even file. I also looked to see if their is anytype of coverage with the lock, and I will call them tomorrow. I don't see anything on the website, but at least I have the lock to show it was broken.

I did not have insurance, and I should have after my neighbor ran people off after they cut a small cable I had secured to the fence. I thought the Reese lock would be sufficient.

I registered with the police and they have some link with the TPWD, but the people I dealt with today did not seem so competent. I will go to the various riding spots this weekend and look for the trailer. Either they left town to sell it or they will be out riding this weekend.

Attachments

• Lock1.JPG
    Lock1.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 17
  • lock2.JPG
    lock2.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 14
Dude, hate to rub it in, but I park my boat in a garage in Pearland, I put a lock on the tongue, and a HUGE cable lock through one of the wheels and around the trailer. If they hook up the chains, they will have to DRAG the trailer leaving a skid mark all the way to where they are storing the boat.

And, it is insured through Progressive for like $150 a year.

I will help by keeping an eye out at the various spots we ride at over the next few weeks...

Dang man that sucks. Let us know if you find them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back