turning rotary shaft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbitetti18

Hello all i Have a 94 spi and I am trying to diagnose an issue where it idles but dies as soon as throttle is applied. I am checking the rotary shaft and gear next. But I am wondering with the oil pump and rotary cover off, should I be able to spin the engine by hand by spinning the black gear? and what if I can not? The engine has good compression 130 in one and 140 in the other cylinder. I know that I have to get the piston to TDC to do the rotary timing so I am wondering how to turn the engine.
Thank you

I believe you are off track,,,your RV timing will not cause your symptoms...but fuel delivery issues will...if the RV timing is off. It will be very hard to,start and keep running,,,Rotary valve timing just doesn't skip a tooth,,,

I believe you are off track,,,your RV timing will not cause your symptoms...but fuel delivery issues will...if the RV timing is off. It will be very hard to,start and keep running,,,Rotary valve timing just doesn't skip a tooth,,,
[/QUO
you are probably right. I’m just desperate to get this thing running I have been working on it for 3 weeks with the same result and every time I need a part it’s 4-5 day delay cause I can’t find any of them. I want to upload a video so people can hear the engine seems like it’s only running on one cylinder. I rebuilt carbs replaced lines bypassed selector and filter tried priming it tried a different fuel tank I just have no answers

Have you checked for spark on both cylinders,,,maybe you are only running on 1 cylinder,,,stay with it,,,the guys out here will help you get there,,,( did you actually change the gas tank)?

I have spark in both cylinders yes and compression but it does sound like its only running on one cylinder but I don’t know how to check for sure? And no I just put the carb feed line that goes to the filter into a gas can of premix

Is the spark nice and bright blue/white, or yellowish,,,a week battery can start a ski in land, and fall on its face in the water, be hard to turn over , and hard to start.

Is there anyway to upload a video to the forum as to what is happening? I need help desperately. I just drained all the oil and am going to put fresh in if somehow it got water in it? And if I was riding with the battery cables not completely tight could that short circuit something that would cause it to run but die with throttle? Could the impeller or wear ring cause this? I’m seriously trying everything over here

The prop and wear ring are not in this equation.,,,very poor spark/ignition could cause your symptoms,,,and fuel starvation could easily cause your symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back