****Trouble with 2006 Sea Doo Sportster 4-tec NON-Supercharged****

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and new to the whole boating scene entirely. I just bought me a 2006 Sea Doo Sportster 4-tec. I tried to do all the research I could in order to make a good buy. Tested it out, ran it for more than 30 minutes on the water. The guy admited to the RPM gauge and speedo gauge not working. I figured I could fix that or replace the gauges. Otherwize the boats engine ran well, good compression, started quickly, and seemed to have no problem. I take it out on the water for the first time this past weekend and right from the start I get warning lights and a long beep about every 2 minutes maybe? So back to the dock I went. I noticed before the beeping started, and while it was beeping, that all 4 warning lights on the warning light gauge was blinking too, and when it did, they all blinked together at the same time.

Sorry for the length of this, I just wanted to be sure I included everything. I brought the boat back over 400 miles going about 65 or 70 mph. My first guess is did something shake loose to give this warning, or whatever this warning is, or if it's realy a warning or just electrical? I checked the oil before leaving the water, it had been off for about 10 minutes after running about 10 minutes. It may be ever so slightly over filled, but barely, if that was a good time to check the oil. Other than that, the boat seemed to run fine, no smoke or anything like that. Sorry so long again, thanks in advance! :banghead:

Check and clean all connections you can find. Fire it up and see what the battery charging voltage is.

You do not need to Hook it up to the hose for a short engine run.

Thank for the advice.... How long can it run without being hooked to the hose? And how long can it run hooked to the hose?

I would run it with a hose to back flush the exhaust might be overtime either way its good to back flush just don't run over 2 min and don't rev the engine..

Check the fuses one set is in the engine compartment and the other is by your right side of the drivers seat.

On or off the hose is the same amount of time. 1 minutes is the comfortable max. Reason on or off does not make a difference is, the hose really does not cool the engine as the water runs in reverse and FLUSHES the engine.. Also, the Carbon Seal is not cooled ANYTIME the ski is out of the water. That is the real reason while you can not run for extended times out of the water (hose or no hose).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back