Tried wakeskate today - how cool!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPX

Premium Member
Premium Member
I was raised doing double skis and on rare occassions doing slalom. I'm not a skater or surfer, so I have a limited perspective on the non-binder boarding world.

But I picked up wakeboarding when I moved to San Jose "in the 1990's" and have enjoyed and continue to enjoy the ride. I've got a great wife too - she gave me a Hyperlite Belmont for my birthday. And I picked up snowboarding around the same time which I truly enjoy.

I was also lucky to try out a Sky Ski and had great fun with that, but haven't pursued that further.

But this morning I got to try a wakeskate. And I was quite proud of myself for getting up on it on the first try. What a cool rig! A little weird without bindings, but it felt so much more free and lightweight compared to a wakeboard.

Egged on by my friends, I took a shot at jumping the wake. And I could see the board tumble away from my feet while I was in the air ..... you can imagine the rest.

Sadly I couldn't get more water time as the titanium core rope we had snapped (just about crushed my knuckles between the handle and the board during a start).

But we go on a houseboat trip soon and I can't wait to fool around with that wakeskate some more!

So the call to everyone - what did you try this season that you hadn't done before?

hmmmmmmmm.....sounds fun!

Well, what did I try this year.....

I know, my wife went through the Power Squadron school and got her boating license. I had to let her drive the boat.:ack: Now, you talk about a ride, like at Disney World, that's what I went on when she drove "MY" boat.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back