Trailers for 2012 GTX Suspension Models & Recommendation on the 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

webtraveler

Hi all,

Trying to get back in the sport and do not want to make an expensive mistake (wow prices have climbed)! Owned a 98 GTX RFI for 5 years (loved it) before wife said the toys had to go (Mustang too) with the birth of our first son. Fast Forward 10 years and I have 2 water guppies now just like me :) ready to spend more time at the lake.

I am wanting to re-enter with a non-supercharged GTX model (the 155) and have an interesting choice now of whether to go with the manual suspension option (155 S) or the entry GTX (155). The 155 S has my interest due to my mid 40ish age (back isn't getting any younger unfortunately), but will most likely come with some interesting critcisms I am sure. If anyone can provide some insight on this new machine (2012 GTX 155 S) from personal experience it would be most wecome. I know both models with the S3 hull will likely feel more Cadillacy, if that is a word, than my old ride, but will a cushy suspension hamper the fun? Will the standard 155 be a better option? I am primarily limited to lakes now, and weekend marine traffic can make the water a bit rough.

Also, Sea Doo seems to have forgot they added 150lbs to these beasts with their towing options. At 960lbs dry with about 125lb more in gas, oil, coolant fluids, and the weight is pushing max on the Move series trailers. I am looking for a torsion axle with LED to future proof the trailer a bit and protect my investment. I must say I am concerned about the weight though for the Seadoo branded haulers and am looking for suggestions on if the trailers will hold up carring a craft with a suspension at over 1000lbs or if I should be looking at other manufacturer options if I go with the 155 S.

Thanks in advance for any advice / comments!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back