Trailer Tire Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

enut

My 2008 Karavan trailer still has the original tires on it. They are dated April 2007.
The treads still look good. Does anyone still have the tires on their trailer that long?
I have read that 5-6 years is the maximum that you should keep the tires because of internal dry-rot.
When does everyone replace their tires?

Hey @enut, there should be a code on the sidewall of your tires, and you can check up to which date they will be illegal to use. It may be a big deal if cops stop you and decide to check the tires' age. I faced the old tires problem when I bought a used set, and my local shop refused to install them when they checked the date. That's what I know about and what I can comment from my experience, man. Hope this helps!

I replace them every 6-7 years as I don’t want to ruin my vacation when i could be riding instead.

I use trailertiresandwheels.com.

I went ahead and replaced them with the same type of tire that my trailer came with. The guys at Pep Boys told me that they would keep on using the tires because there were no signs of dry rot and they looked fine to them. Since they are over 10 years old, I figured I should be better safe than sorry.

I highly suggest replacing. I had a 70 mph blowout that ripped the fender off my trailer and almost took one of the aluminum mounts completely off as well. I had a spare but found out audi’s Do not have jacks! My trailer was a 2011. There were no signs of wear or dry rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back