Trailer noises. help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozman

Most often I'm towing around town and fairly locally, but planning to go on a long trip with my 2001 Challenger. It make alot of noise when going over bump and uneven roads, more so than I've noticed than with other prop boats. Is this a weight issue? I grease the ball, and tighten the straps quite a bit to reduce what i can, but still, it worries me that the boat/trailer is going to "hop" or something if I'm traveling @ high speed. I keep the tire pressure at 5 under to allow for expanding on the highway, is this what you would recommended?

Also, if it starts to sway while towing, what is the best way to reduce or correct?

thanks for your help!!

More often than not the noise you describe is from insufficiant tounge weight. Optimum tounge weight should be 50 to 75 lbs. This is usully adjusted by physically moving the boat forward on the trialer to increase the weight.

Lou

trailor noise is normal and most of the time it is from the ball sliding around in the trailor hitch but its gonna squeek some mine does it alot and there is nothing wrong with it and if it starts to sway slowly apply your brake VERY LITTLE do not JEEK the brake or it will make it worse

Trailer noises? check your spring shackles havn't flogged out(the bushings).Tongue weight is important.If you can't move the boat forward,SOMETIMES there is extra holes in the trailer chassis,to move the axle back.If the trailer get's a sway happening never ever hit the brakes.Roll off the throttle very,very slowly untill it stops.If you hit the brakes,the trailer will want to come around you even further and drag the arse of the car with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back