Towing a tuber!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mitch435

Wanted to give a review of towing behind a 2 up 90 H.O. Spark.

Decided to give it a try today. Purchased a rearview mirror that attached to the left handle bar so I was technically legal..even though I live on a private lake and the mirror is pretty much useless..but it at least allows you to see the tube flying up in the air when the rider falls off.

The Spark can pull a tuber, it's just not that great at it. The Spark performs almost like a truck pulling a heavy trailer on a windy day. Get a lot of jerk back from the water resistance and the tuber. I kept it at about 30/35 mph, and could easily whip the tuber around. I even got on the tube at one point and it was a blast! The first couple times out we were probably the only water craft on the lake and there was virtually no wind so the water was like glass. As the lake got busier there were waves to deal with…towing a tuber was virtually a lost cause.

Since the Spark just hops over waves and is essentially a wave magnet!…with the tuber and water resistance, every time you encounter a wave you're essentially getting a big yank backwards.

All in all..it's doable…just not what the Spark was built for..as we all know. Just wanted to test it out!

Back