Top speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

lmarkie74

I have a 2007 Seadoo RXT 215 Supercharged. Took it out today. Topped out at 58mph @ 7400 RPM. Watched a video of the same jetski going 68mph @8000 RPM. What am I missing? Wear ring? Impeller? I'm just like Ricky Bobby, "I wanna go fast"!

How was your speed measured? By the 'wish-o-meter' on your dash, some sort of GPS reading, or maybe radar?

your missing 600 rpm is part of that...not sure if it's 10 mph worth, but I would think if you can find out why it's not revving to the limit, and rectify that, you'll get most if not all of your speed back.

Thinking awhile ago that my CandooPro was show a Rev limit of 7500 RPM. Don't know if the ECU can be flashed to 8000 Rpm? I'll have to revisit CandooPro.

Ahh, the quest for top speed. Every gear heads measurement of "Is this thing delivering what it claims to deliver"

All of thse machines power wise can easily hit the electronic limit of 67 mph as they could since the days of the GTX 185.

If your impeller and wear ring have any imperfections, they can take you down from there. The leading edges and the wear ring clearance being the most critical parts.

Next up is HP. Strangely from my experience, this is rarely the issue unless you have some serious compression loss or other factors such as old plugs, bad coils, etc.

When I bought my new to me speedster 150 255HP back in 2020. It failed to reach expectations beyond 7600ish rpm. It also had some surging. Like you, I was going to get that thing to 60 MPH.

First was a leak in the Intercooler. After that I had a slight stumble that turned into a full on mush over stutter and wild surging.

A new coil and bam. 8160 rpm and 61 mph. I could even whack out 63/64 mph in the cold start and end of the season at 8200 rpm. All of that due to a much larger intercooler from the 300.

In the first season, I ran the thing silly. Now I spend most of my time pulling the tube with screaming children, nowhere near 61 MPH.

But hey, If I want it, it is there...

I did change out the coils and plugs before this test run. I'm suspecting the impeller and wear ring. From what I can see from the bottom, through the gate, the wear ring doesn't look that great and the impeller is a little dinged. No problem, I have changed them before. Usually, when I buy a used jetski, I change them out anyway. Just like Ricky Bobby, "I wanna go fast".

Thinking awhile ago that my CandooPro was show a Rev limit of 7500 RPM. Don't know if the ECU can be flashed to 8000 Rpm? I'll have to revisit CandooPro.
Media information on that engine says 8,000 rpm was the factory setting...

The ECU is a replacement I bought for my 2007 RXT 215. Part# I have is for a 2008 RXT 215. Don't think that has any thing to do with it.

Your engine is running at lower rpm than normal and this is concerning.

I believe you are losing RPM and that could be the supercharger clutches at end of life or even turbine failure on wear ring.

I have a 2005 RXT 215, in the manual it says the "Rev limiter setting" is 8000 rpm.
However, mine sits between 7900 and 7950 rpm and hits 64 mph on the GPS.
Recently my engine started to lose rpm and reached 7600 rpm when it gave 200 h.

I changed the supercharger repair kit and also I changed the turbine shaft kit, sorry I don´t know the name this.

Now my seadoo is back to 7950 rpm and 7900.

Back