Top speed of a 2007 GTX 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angler

Looking at picking a 2007 up for the GF. Can this GTX do 65 mph? If not, how fast completely stock on flat water?
Any help would be very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Usually around 55-57 on GPS. On board dream-o-meter may show low 60s but you're not doing that.

Though I don't have a chart to look at to confirm this, most 155 engines get 52 to 56 MPH from all that I have read.

My 255 Super Charged can get 65 with no problem. But we looking at 100 more hp and SC. Fastest I have had it is 72.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to seadoosource.com the 2005 GTX 155 top speed is 60. That's the last yr they list so far.

There are many variables to consider...weight of rider, full or empty gas tank, supplies on board, and of course how much beer is in the bins. .....:)

If it's any consolation, my 2011 155 GTX will not top 54 mph using the built in GPS.

I have found the built in GPS still to be about 1-2 mph off on a regular basis..

Don't ask me how but I've read many many threads about the GPS in their phone and hand held GPS confirming seadoos GPS in the ski was 2 mph slower which in anyway is a good thing for speed haha

According to seadoosource.com the 2005 GTX 155 top speed is 60. That's the last yr they list so far.

There are many variables to consider...weight of rider, full or empty gas tank, supplies on board, and of course how much beer is in the bins. .....:)

That's a big problem! Bring a 6 pack or an 18 pack? LOL :facepalm:

Thanks to all who responded.
If the 155 would do 65 mph, it would be great for a second sea doo, spending a $1000 every 100 hours on rebuilding the super charger is pretty expensive, it breaks down to an extra $10 an hour for operation of the craft.

AL

That's a big problem! Bring a 6 pack or an 18 pack? LOL :facepalm:

Thanks to all who responded.
If the 155 would do 65 mph, it would be great for a second sea doo, spending a $1000 every 100 hours on rebuilding the super charger is pretty expensive, it breaks down to an extra $10 an hour for operation of the craft.

AL

$1000? How'd you come up with that number. Last rebuild the dealer did for me cost me roughly $550 and if you're somewhat mechanically inclined you can remove it yourself and save some labor costs on top of that $550. I'll definitely be doing that next time.

$1000? How'd you come up with that number. Last rebuild the dealer did for me cost me roughly $550 and if you're somewhat mechanically inclined you can remove it yourself and save some labor costs on top of that $550. I'll definitely be doing that next time.[/QUOTE

My GTX 215 is still under warranty, I won't touch it myself till it ends...

The guy camping next to me at the river said he just paid close to a grand to have his rebuild.
Parker yamaha wanted $1300 for a fuel pump replacement on my 2002 DI... Just crazy the price some of these dealers charge.

$1000? How'd you come up with that number. Last rebuild the dealer did for me cost me roughly $550 and if you're somewhat mechanically inclined you can remove it yourself and save some labor costs on top of that $550. I'll definitely be doing that next time.[/QUOTE

My GTX 215 is still under warranty, I won't touch it myself till it ends...

The guy camping next to me at the river said he just paid close to a grand to have his rebuild.
Parker yamaha wanted $1300 for a fuel pump replacement on my 2002 DI... Just crazy the price some of these dealers charge.

Problem 1: yamaha dealer
Problem 2: DI fuel system is a whole different beast from what the 4 tecs have. Much more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back