Timing challenges

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterfun

Hello
Could we also ask for some professionel advice.
We have put together a 2006 engine. locked the crank in locker position, Locked the cam in the locker position,
had the camgear 1503 marks parralell to the valveheadsurface, Kompression ok, sparks ok, turning ok, but there is something very wrong trying to start.
( but in the manual it says camshaft IGNITION TDC, but when the camshaft is in the locked position it is opening valves)
And it is in this position all videos refer to.
Could the timing be far off? but how to check?
Looking forward for your feedback
Very best regards Inge

Hello
Could we also ask for some professionel advice.
We have put together a 2006 engine. locked the crank in locker position, Locked the cam in the locker position,
had the camgear 1503 marks parralell to the valveheadsurface, Kompression ok, sparks ok, turning ok, but there is something very wrong trying to start.
( but in the manual it says camshaft IGNITION TDC, but when the camshaft is in the locked position it is opening valves)
And it is in this position all videos refer to.
Could the timing be far off? but how to check?
Looking forward for your feedback
Very best regards Inge
Having same problem, when you say opening , are the 2 lobes on cylander 3 camshaft up or down

Need to make sure that cylender 3 is at TDC when you put in crank locking tool as You can have it out 180, I tore mine apart and found that was the cause , I assumed the crank locking tool only went in one way as the cam lock tool does but it can be out 180.

Thank you for sharing1, need to check that. We put together parts from 4 engines, and we now discovered that there is two ingnition sensor positions! This scooter is a 2006 GTX LTD 215 hp. Need to find the sensor position for that model.

We had the timing all wrong do to an older crankshaft with different lockerpin position.
But still more to do, lots of heavy smoke, and oil in exhaust and on sparkplugs.
What could be possible reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back