thrust bearing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chillholm

Hi Guys,

Thinking of changing the thrust bearing, got a 99 gtx ltd, so assuming it's over 10 years old.

1. Should I change it? I mean it rattles and all but the impeller and wear ring tolerances are spot on and apart from the noise it runs fine i.e it's not cavatating.

2. I have the manual but do I have to completely remove the jet pump to get to the bearings or can I do it with the pump still in?

If it ain't broke don't fix it right?

But I have done an oil change ( on the jet pump) and like to do preventative maintenance, that way it doesn't get you stranded and cost big$$$$ for some other smo to fix.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its probably not necessary to do but if your in there already you should do the rest of the bearings and seals... and the wear ring too

:agree: pull the pumps and rebuild, for all you know the seals could be 10 years old also. woud suck to have them to go in the middle of the season. be safe not sorry.

Dead right!!
Took the pump off last night, oil full of water impeller seal is gone!
I could probably replace the bearings etc but I will take the pump to the Seadoo shop and they'vre quoted like $250 to completely overhual it...sounds ok to me, I'll then put it back on.
I'm glad I did it because at some point it would have let me down, but I've also learn't a little more..it wasn't that hard and by pulling it off myself saved $$$.
Can you believe one place quoted $1000.00 to rip it off, fix it and put it back on!!!!!!! I guess they have to earn a living too.lol.

You're both right..thanks for the responses!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back