Throttle valve PTO not closed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elster

Goodmorning guys,

My 92 xp still doesn’t run right and I possibly found the problem. I thought that bot throttle valve need to be exactly similar in their idle or high speed position. And now I found out, that the valve on the PTO side does not close al the way on one half of the valve. Because it get stuck on the other side of the valve.
The throttle valve on the MAG-side close’s perfect so the can never be similar in this way.
So my question is, is this normal or should I buy another valve.81960A74-8E5B-4F69-AE82-9B1FDAE67189.jpegF40A171F-1A1A-49EC-A11E-D4DDFE6A7196.jpeg
b61a5b93-afed-4959-9c39-4bcc239b9cfc-jpeg.61284
F40A171F-1A1A-49EC-A11E-D4DDFE6A7196.jpeg

No, they should be exactly the same. If not bent then you have to adjust the rod connecting the carbs to get them the same. If you back off the idle screw you can actually do it by ear snapping it closed you can hear the difference when they are in exact sync.

My hearing isn't that good. LOL
What I"d do in this situation is removing the linkage from one of the valves and determine if both close all the way. The mag side will be affected by the idle screw but with the linkage disconnected the PTO carb will not be so it should close all the way. Be careful prying the linkage. I use a screwdriver and just twist it and the linkage pops right off. Be gentle. As Miki said, it is probably the linkage adjustment. Good Luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back