Throttle Guardian picture

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckleiman

Is it possible someone can take a nice picture of what the throttle guardian looks like please? And maybe circle it in the picture if possible? I've searched the postings and still am not sure what I should be looking for.

I have a 2000 Challenger with Merc 240.

Also, anyone know what size bolt is needed to pop the flywheel off? It seems to be 5/16" but neither 18 or 24 thread fit well.

Is it possible someone can take a nice picture of what the throttle guardian looks like please? And maybe circle it in the picture if possible? I've searched the postings and still am not sure what I should be looking for.

I have a 2000 Challenger with Merc 240.

Also, anyone know what size bolt is needed to pop the flywheel off? It seems to be 5/16" but neither 18 or 24 thread fit well.

There are may threads on here about throttle guardian. It is a black box, about 1x3x4 inch. Should be in driver helm box, next to fuse block. Not all boats got them.

If you are looking for bolts to fit flywheel, you are not using the right puller. The proper puller threads into the flywheel after the nut is removed. A center bolt then screws against crankshaft.
(try 8mm bolts.)

There are may threads on here about throttle guardian. It is a black box, about 1x3x4 inch. Should be in driver helm box, next to fuse block. Not all boats got them.

If you are looking for bolts to fit flywheel, you are not using the right puller. The proper puller threads into the flywheel after the nut is removed. A center bolt then screws against crankshaft.
(try 8mm bolts.)
Thanks Tim75. Yes, I have the nut removed. Tried 8mm but no go. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back