Throttle cable

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Hunterb

Hi all,
I am having an issue with my throttle cable. It is adjusted correctly with regard to the oil pump, the issue is that at full throttle the thumb lever is not nearly to the grip and I cannot figure out why or how to change it so the lever hits the grip at wide open throttle. It is a new cable. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Is it possible to reposition the bell crank on the carb so full throttle coincides with the thumb lever hitting the grip?

Try moving the cable and case where it double nuts to the bracket on the carburetor

Try moving the cable and case where it double nuts to the bracket on the carburetor
That was my first thought so I tried that but it doesn't change it. It's like the cable needs to be a little longer or the bell crank needs to be rotated a bit.

That was my first thought so I tried that but it doesn't change it. It's like the cable needs to be a little longer or the bell crank needs to be rotated a bit.
Sounds like a cheap aftermarket cable get an oem one. There might be an adjustment in the middle of the cable sometimes there is

Sounds like a cheap aftermarket cable get an oem one. There might be an adjustment in the middle of the cable sometimes there is
I just got home and looked in the carb throat with a mirror. When the thumb lever is pushed as far as it will go the throttle plates are not nearly all the way open. I didn't see anything when I just rebuilt the carbs but is there some sort of 'full throttle' stop? Like an idle stop at the other end of the throttle travel?

No there is no stop just the cable adjust the wide open
I figured it out. It's the oil pump. The return spring on the oil pump is messed up and it's jamming the pump and because it's attached to the throttle it jams it as well. If I disconnect the oil pump cable the throttle works perfectly. So now I need to sort out the spring. I've unbolted the oil pump so I can at least pull it part way out to work on it.
Thanks for the replies. I'll post back if and when I get this spring sorted out.

I figured it out. It's the oil pump. The return spring on the oil pump is messed up and it's jamming the pump and because it's attached to the throttle it jams it as well. If I disconnect the oil pump cable the throttle works perfectly. So now I need to sort out the spring. I've unbolted the oil pump so I can at least pull it part way out to work on it.
Thanks for the replies. I'll post back if and when I get this spring sorted out.
Yeah man glad you got it 👍🏻the bracket can get bent sometimes and it blocks the oil pump from moving all the way

I got the spring sorted out. I had to cut it a bit shorter and bend a new hook in the end. It works perfectly now and the engine reaches just shy of 7000rpm. Yahoo.

Back