Thoughts on value of a 4tec gtx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrappy996

I found a 2003 gtx 4tec seadoo for sale. The guy is asking $2000 for seadoo and trailer. Both are in mint condition, heres the catch...

Had a mechanic look at it and he thinks either a valve or a rod bearing and the engine wont run. Have paper work. Trailer included. The guy drove for a summer without an instrument cluster so the hrs on are not accurate but he would guess approx 200- 220. He put a new cluster and did a tune up on it. $1760.00 the year it broke. That was 2 years ago so its been sitting inside his garage.

What do you 4tec guys think?
Ive done rebuilds on seadoos before just never a 4tec. And I figured the trailer is worth a bit too!

Figure about $2,000 for a rebuild so now the ski that "might run" you already have $4K into. I would say find a good running ski instead.

At $2K for a non running ski he is crazy.

Non running skis in my eyes are almost worth nothing because of the time and money involved to get it going. trust me i know

I buy and fix/sell broken machines. I wouldn't pay that in Canadian let alone US for an 03 unless I knew exactly what was wrong. Problem is, until you fix the motor you don't know what else it needs, can add up fast. Find a good running but sad looking machine. Anyone with muscles can polish and buff and recover a seat and make it look like a million bucks and no surprises that way.

C
I buy and fix/sell broken machines. I wouldn't pay that in Canadian let alone US for an 03 unless I knew exactly what was wrong. Problem is, until you fix the motor you don't know what else it needs, can add up fast. Find a good running but sad looking machine. Anyone with muscles can polish and buff and recover a seat and make it look like a million bucks and no surprises that way.

Thats a completely valid point! I got off the phone with the guy, he says the seadoo will run but has a sharp knocking and they think its a crank bearing. Hes willing to drop down to $1500.

But from the advice I heard, I think a running ski is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back