The Tax Man Cometh...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Biffitis

Well I suppose it was bound to happen, and I know it's been mentioned before in here, but the Ministry of Finance sent me a notice of "Taxes Due" on my Challenger that I purchased nearly 3 years ago. Fortunately I still have the vessel, cause I'd be real grumpy if I had to pay 13% on a boat I no longer own... :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
ya that's bull I just purchased a previously enjoyed 20' camper for me and the old lady last summer for 7000 I lied on the registration and put down I paid 2999 so I wouldn't have to pay the man. now this summer im going to get It appraised so I can bring the insurance value back up to what its worth "working the system :thumbsup:"

Well I suppose it was bound to happen, and I know it's been mentioned before in here, but the Ministry of Finance sent me a notice of "Taxes Due" on my Challenger that I purchased nearly 3 years ago. Fortunately I still have the vessel, cause I'd be real grumpy if I had to pay 13% on a boat I no longer own... :facepalm:

how you don't get to pay the tax? on the sale or used I think you would have had to pay?

If you buy a boat privately you don't pay the tax when you register it through Transport Canada. However, when the CRA finds out that you bought something and didn't pay the tax man.... whamo!

Back